Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Unrest

I am ashamed of the actions of parts of our country right now!  I'm not sure I understand everything, however as I watched the news this morning, I was disheartened! I'm sorry if you this makes anyone made...that's not my goal...I'm just sharing my thoughts and my heartache.  So bear with me...

As far as I understand teachers in parts of this country are on strike because they have been asked to pay a very small amount of money towards their health insurance among other requests.  I don't know what else is going on...there may be more...however, with the world so deeply in turmoil, is this really significant?

I'm not saying that theses issues don't need to be resolved but come on!  57 people in Bagdad were massacred yesterday during a Sunni militant hostage takeover, Libya, Syria, Yemen, and most of the Middle East are experiencing extreme unrest, Japan is still suffering from the earthquake and tsunami, Mexican drug cartels are recruiting American teens to deliver drugs, there are starving children scattered throughout the world...Most of the world faces hunger, death, bondage, slavery, fear, war, and heartache on a daily basis!

America is not perfect and we have our problems, I'm certainly not saying they aren't important, I just think that we need to be more thankful that most of us were born in this country, or are able to call the US our home!  The problems we face here pale in comparison to the rest of the world!  We should be focusing more on them then on ourselves!  How many of us pray for other nations EVERY day?  Or contribute money towards feeding starving kids?  Or even THINK about all the suffering people!

My heart breaks just thinking about being in the position of a mother in another country!  To wake up every morning with fear gripping my heart about the safety of my child.  Will this be the day that we die of starvation, or die from the enemy's bullets...bombs...grenades...land mines..., will this be the day that my child is kidnapped to become part of the human trafficking ring?  Will this be the day my son is recruited into drug trafficking or to become a gun toting 6 year old?  Will my daughter be raped, kidnapped, forced to work in extreme conditions, or experience genital mutilation?  Will my children even come home from school (if they're lucky enough to go to school)?  Will my child suffer all his life after witnessing the bloody massacre of innocent people, of women and children and aged people, day after day after day?  How will this affect them!?  Will this be the day that my children loose their father...will they loose me?  Who will take care of them, who will protect them?  Will they end up in an over crowded orphanage and receive no human contact, or will they end up on the street, fending for themselves and being used, abused and eventually killed.  Is this the day that my child will be ripped from my arms during a tsunami? or have a building crash down on them during an earthquake?  Can my children drink this water, or is this day that they contract a lethal disease just trying to hydrate their bodies!  Will my children get a chance to hear about the Saving Grace of God the Father, or will my country ban that too?  Will this be the day as we gather in a basement to worship His name, that we are raided, tortured and killed?

I could go on and on and on...if my heart is breaking this much, I can't even imagine how God hurts!

Again, I am not saying that Americans don't suffer and as mothers, we don't worry about our children...I'm just saying that most of us are fortunate enough that it's not a daily fear for our children's lives!
We are blessed beyond measure in this country!  Just a thought today....wanted to share something that is heavy on my heart...

Blessings~

1 comment:

  1. This post is so true. And heart-breaking. But you're absolutely right. As Americans, we are unbelievably blessed. Spoiled beyond belief. And most people will never realize it, because they will never witness it firsthand, or they don't let the news they hear affect their heart. Perhaps they're de-sensitized. But how pitiful to be upset about contributing a bit of payment towards their benefits, when even some Americans still can't get jobs, meaning they don't even have benefits!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are welcome and appreciated!