Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Monday, March 14, 2011

Menu Plan Monday and and Update on My Grocery Budget

I hope everyone had a restful and very blessed Sunday!  The Mister and I actually had quite a bit to do this afternoon, so we kept unusually (for a Sunday) busy.  And this time change...whew...it has thrown me for a loop.  You'd think that a one hour change wouldn't make much of a difference but it does!  So here I sit at 12:32 am on Monday morning, with my Beloved eating reheated macaroni and cheese across from me and I thought...Aha!  Now's the perfect time to post my meal plan for this week!  So here goes...With some repeats from last week...

Sunday ~ Pizza from my favorite pizza place in town :-)

Monday ~ Ham, Pittsburgh Potatoes (mmmmm!), and Grilled Asparagus

Tuesday ~ Spaghetti and Meatballs, Tossed Salad and Garlic Bread

Wednesday ~ Grilled Chicken Salad (Pennsylvania Style!...french fries on top!) with homemade Breadsticks

Thursday ~ Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Pears

Friday ~ Homemade Chicken Strips, Homemade French Fries and Corn

Saturday ~ Barbeque Venison Sandwiches, Pasta Salad and Potato Chips

I also made a list of breakfast, lunch, and snack ideas to keep me inspired...If I don't write things down...I just can't seem to remember anything and what I end up preparing for my family is quite boring!

I'll share them  with you...maybe they will inspire you too!

Breakfast ideas...
Baked Oatmeal x2
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Egg Sandwiches
Pancakes and a breakfast meat
Fruit and Yogurt
Peanut Butter Toast and Hard Boiled Eggs

Lunch ideas...
Leftovers x2
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches with Raw Veggies
Tortilla Bean Soup
Turkey Hot Dogs and Chips
Macaroni and Cheese and Fruit

Snack Ideas...
Popcorn
Pudding
Homemade Crackers and Cheese
Fruit
String Cheese
Yogurt
Soft Pretzel

There...now I am officially inspired to get creative with my meals...Are you?

Also I went grocery shopping for the week and I am pretty impressed with myself...I purchased all necessary items for this weeks meals, a few toiletries, some snack-y type foods and even some extra storage/prep foods...My grand total for the week came in at...
$44.99   ~    UNDER BUDGET...This is cause for a celebration dance!
But it gets better...Because of sales, coupons and a freebie promotion I saved a grand total of....
$30.18  ~     Wow!  That's a great savings!  One more celebration dance!  If you are in the mood...take a minute and dance with me...ready...go...Whew!

This savings inspires me to try even harder next week!

I would love to know what your week has in store for you?  What are you doing to Glorify God this week?  Any prayer requests?  Comments are truly welcome and thoroughly enjoyed!  So please share :-)

Blessings and I hope you all are sleeping right now!  I should be :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words are welcome and appreciated!