Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What a Sweet Day

I had such a sweet day with a sweet friend today!  We went to a very packed-to-rim homeschool store!  I'm telling you...this place is amazingly, full to capacity...I'm talkin' busting at the seams!  But so much fun!  We poured and poured over the used books.  Shelves and shelves and shelves of surprise treasures, tucked away between books, manuals, games, and manipulatives.  I am totally serious when I tell you that we spent 6.5 hours in that store! (and loved every minute of it!)  We had great conversation surrounded by books that are so special in our lives!

Homeschooling is so incredible and the joy I have knowing that I still have the right to school Arrow at home is definitely not taken for granted!  And God was so good to me today (He always is of course).  I went in search of very specific items, and came out of that store with almost everything on that list, plus a few things that I have wanted for quite some time and totally forgot about!

I am excited because I have made some decisions about school for next year.  The subjects that we will be studying and specific books we will use.  Since next year will be Arrow's first serious year, we aren't overloading him.  But I think that what we have chosen is very appropriate yet a little challenging for him.

Yay! for Homeschooling and Yay! for sweet fellowship!

On another note...I love fortune cookies!  Not the fortunes but the actually cookie.  Yum!  I do however like to read the fortunes because they are so lame and so cheesy!  I always get  a good giggle!  I've always wondered who writes the fortunes.  Do they have a row of employees typing up sayings?  How many of the same fortune is distributed?  The fortunes are never spiritual on any level and most often are written at a very humanistic point of view...but I was amazed a few days ago!  I cracked open one of those "sweet golden beauties" and pulled the fortune out and this is what it said..."God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all of the pieces!"  I was amazed!  I have never read a fortune that eluded to God in any way, and here I was staring at that strip of paper and it's message clearly pointed to God's kindness and mercy!  Whoever wrote that fortune...I'd just like to say.."Keep up the good work and Glory be to God!"  I hope that fortune went out in a million cookies!

Anyway, I just wanted to share that story because it has made me smile for two days straight!
I hope today has been a blessing to you all and remember to keep Him in your sights all week long!

Blessings...

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to pick through and check out all the neat stuff you got! Also, can't wait to exchange ideas and get to working on our field trip plans for next year! Did you know they have a FREE after noon at the Children's Museum !!!! AMAZING!

    Joyfully~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free after noon!? I had no idea...we definitely have to add that to the calender! I am totally open to exchanging ideas! Whenever you are ready! :-)

    Blessed beyond Measure...

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are welcome and appreciated!