Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just a quick note...

Good afternoon!  I just wanted to stop in to share a few little things....

First...Please continue to pray for everyone that is affected by the disasters in Japan.  What a sad time this is!
My heart continues to go out to these families!  

Second...I made homemade bagels today for the first time!  Oh - my - goodness!  They are delicious!  I found the recipe on one of my very favorite blogs.  Go check it out!        www.homejoys.blogspot.com
She has some amazing recipes and she inspires me almost daily!  I would highly suggest trying these.  I probably won't ever buy bagels again because these were so easy and so delicious.  Definitely a keeper!

Last but not least...Beth Handler made her buckeye balls today and I helped a little.  They are so easy, so good, and yes...they are so fattening!  But delicious if you take a few bites here and there.  ;-)

Here's a quick recipe...

A jar of your favorite peanut butter
Some powdered sugar
Melted chocolate.

Yep, that's it...no measurements here!

First, empty peanut butter into mixing bowl and add enough powdered sugar so that you can easy handle the peanut butter without it sticking to your hands.  Add a little at a time so you don't over do it.  (for one large jar of peanut butter, you will use about 1/2 bag of powdered sugar)  After you have a large peanut butter dough ball, just start rolling bite sized balls and set them on waxed paper.  Once the balls are all rolled, melt the chocolate.  Once the chocolate is melted, start dipping the peanut butter balls one at a time.  Place back on wax paper.  Continue until they are all covered.  Let harden...and you have a delicious (and dangerous :-) treat!


Get creative if you have extra time or ingredients.  You could drizzle white chocolate on them, or top them with sprinkles or colored sugar.  Maybe roll them in crushed peanuts...the possibilities are endless!
Do you have any other ideas?  Please share you thoughts!:-)

And they make a great gift or party favor for special people!  The Mister LOVES them, and Beth always makes them for him for Christmas!  Now that I know how to make them...I'll be able to do it!

Have a very blessed weekend!  We are off to build a super special Jungle Gym for Arrow!

Blessings....

1 comment:

Kind words are welcome and appreciated!