Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Special Blessing

I am truly thankful for the things that God has blessed me with.  With all of my heart I am!  I'm thankful for my loving husband and my special little man.  I am thankful for a beautiful house in a great neighborhood with great neighbors.  I am thankful for food on our table every day.  I am thankful for heat and clothes and steady income.  I am thankful for friends.  I am thankful for the ability to pray and worship God in public any day of the week!
It's easy to be thankful for the obvious reasons...but are we always thankful for the little inconspicuous reasons too?  I try to be, and I'm usually successful...I think.
Everything that we have is a blessing from the Lord.  Everything!  From our very lives down to the tiniest detail...such as...measuring cups!  Yes, you heard me!  Measuring cups!
This weekend I received a special blessing of measuring cups and measuring spoons!  I have really wanted a new set because mine are cheap and break very easily.  Everytime I look at new sets, I am deterred by the price.  I just felt that we have so many more important things to spend our money on so I pass them by.
Well, my dads wife happened to buy two sets without realizing it and last night brought me in a set...and it happens to be the exact set that I have been admiring!  White ceramic measuring cups!  Ahh...beauty!
It was so humbling to be reminded that my God loves me and cares about me enough that my choice of measuring cups is important to Him!  What a Special Blessing!
At that moment, I was reminded that we truly do need to be thankful for the tiniest, most insignificant things!  God is so good to me!  And I pray that I will always remember to be thankful for everything!

6 comments:

  1. Jamie, your blogs are so inspiring and just what I need to read. To be reminded that the small things are to be appreciated also. I often don't think about them. I have been wanting to write a book. An inspirational book. About my life and how one simple little thing changed it. I truly believe meeting your brother was no accident. I think god lead me to him. Because he knew that through him I would find our god. And I now have a greater appriciation of the lord and of life. The only problem is I've never written a book before and don't know how to start. What I do know is that its not going to be an easy task, but that don't stop me. What I hope to accomplish from writing this book, is to grow closer to god and that it will inspire others just like me. I don't care if I get a dime out of it. Just as long as it helps others, then spreading the love and joy of the lord is plenty payment enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, thank you for the kind words! I think that you should start working on a book. I can hear the truth and passion in your words and I know that with God's help and leading that it would be a wonderful expression of your love and thankfulness to Him! Just keep praying through the process and lean on God! Keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's awesome that the God of the universe, the One who sets the world in motion, the Author of Life, the Creator of all, the One who giveth and taketh away says,"Aww my daughter wants those measuring cups." Delivers them and then I just know He sits back in anticipation of you recieving them! What a sweet Father we serve!
    Love you,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so Great! Praise God for His Blessings and Love!
    Love you too Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to tell you that Andy York has made almost a full recovery. Hes home, walking I think, eating on his own. Hes doing so much better and hes in the comfort of his home now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God for His Mercy! I am so glad to hear that Andy is recovering!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are welcome and appreciated!