Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm saying no to Resolutions...

Well it's 7 days into the new year and I haven't made any resolutions...and I'm not going to!  When I make resolutions I fail pretty early in the year and then I feel badly!  So no more!  Instead I have decided to break it down into monthly goals.  If I make a goal and give myself  one month to complete it or at least make a habit out of it, I am more likely to succeed.  And that makes Momma happy! :-)

I will post what my goal is at the beginning of every month and also I will try to update on my progress.  I am hoping that this method will keep me accountable and by the end of 2012 I have 12 projects completed or habits learned!  Please pray for me in this endeavor and if you want to join me, please do!  Let me know because I would love to encourage you along the way and I certainly could use the encouragement!

My goal for January is going to be a smaller project due to a trip we are taking at the end of January, which I'll tell you about in another post.  Because we own our business and I am the Business Manager we have paperwork filed everywhere!  With tax season upon us I feel like I really need to get better organized.  At the end of December I already started that project and it is moving along nicely.  However, I am also the Business Manager of my home, like many of you.  We all know how much paperwork needs to be filed away, shredded, purged, organized, etc!  Ladies, it is time!  January is the month that my personal filing cabinet will be getting her overhaul!  I will need several...several days for this undertaking.  Purging is the big step that I need to overcome!  I am fairly organized when it comes to filing but I keep EVERYTHING for a really long time!  The problem I have is that I that I hate to waste time at my paper shredder and I refuse to throw anything in the trash that has ANY personal information on it.  We were under a burn ban for months and months so I couldn't even burn...so I have way, WAY to much stuff to be disposed of properly.  Not to mention a GIGANTIC stack of junk mail that needs to be shredded.

So this January my goal is to get my filing cabinet under control and also make a habit of shredding when necessary.  By the end of January I hope to not have ANY stacks of papers anywhere and for my filing cabinet to shut properly! :-)

Let me know what you think and if you have any goals this month! If you have a minute please send up a prayer that God will help me along the way!  Thanks in advance!  Blessings to you this beautiful Saturday afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you have selected your January goal! I haven't chosen mine yet..I'm thinking of starting off kind of small so that I don't fail from the beginning!!! Have a beautiful day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make resolutions, either. I like goals, but I don't 'do' resolutions. Abiding in the vine and a constant connection with Him is how I keep moving forward. He's so kind to guide and help, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rhonda for stopping by and commenting! He is so kind and the only way to get through my day is to be in constant connection with Him! I am hoping to get back into some routine of blogging so stop back again! I am glad I stumbled upon your blog today! I will be back to look around! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are welcome and appreciated!