Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Monday, January 2, 2012

Intentionally Living in 2012

I am a homemaker.  I love being a homemaker.  I typically find so much joy in serving my family.  However, the last few months I have felt so absent.  My family has gone through some yuck, but we have made it through to the other side and it's time that I pull up my boot straps and keep on trucking. 

The last few months my house got cleaned when it was dirty, picked up when it was messy, meals made when there were hungry bellies (usually), school was accomplished - albeit half heartedly, and my prayers to my Heavenly Father were seriously lacking in heart and soul!   I trudged through the day, sun up to sun down, fell into bed at night, complained to God that nothing I did really mattered to anyone, slept restlessly and got up early in the morning and did it all over again.  I was just existing and allowing my days to fly by, just to get to the next day.  I missed so much!  I missed playing and reading to Arrow - for fun.  I missed laughing with the Mister and cuddling on the couch.  I missed looking out over all I accomplished in the day and feeling joy.  But most importantly I missed having a close relationship with my Creator God!  My only goal was to get though the day.  This has been an exhausting way to live! 

I want to head into this new year with a new outlook.  I want to remember WHY I stay at home, WHY I homeschool and WHY taking care of my husband and son are not drudgery that keeps me in bondage but why its total freedom!  I want to fall into bed at night, exhausted but joyful, thank God for the family He has blessed me with, remember Who I am truly doing this for and enjoy a blessed sleep that God promises.

In this new year, with God's help I am going to INTENTIONALLY  make my home a haven for my family,  INTENTIONALLY  teach my son, not only academically but Biblically, INTENTIONALLY  feed my family wholesome nutritious meals, INTENTIONALLY  love my husband so he finds joy in coming home and  INTENTIONALLY  grow closer to the ONE who makes my life possible!

So hears to a fresh start and a fresh out look on Homemaking!  I pray that you will join me and find some encouragement in my imperfect but from-the-heart ramblings!

6 comments:

  1. I love your "intentions"! May the Lord richly bless you in the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa for your kind words and for taking the time to read my post! It is fun to know that someone out there is reading my thoughts:-) Blessings to you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soraya! Thanks for visiting again! I am so glad to have you! I'll be heading over to your blog soon! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Yes, Yes! Joyful, intentional living! Here, here!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention earlier...I love the new look of your blog!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you Kathy! And thanks for the blog compliment! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are welcome and appreciated!