Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hello There!

Hello everyone!  I am back from a much needed blogging break.  We had some family stuff that needed to be taken care of, not to mention dealing with the daily grind and I really needed to focus on my family.  Things are starting to work out and I think that I may have a little time to work online.  No guarantees though ;-)

So much has happened in the last few months.  One of my very favorite things that happened was our trip up north.  We spent a few days in Branson Missouri and then headed back home to celebrate my baby boys 6th birthday, Thanksgiving and an early Christmas with our families.  In Branson we took our son on a train ride.  It was the "Polar Express."  The train company really made the ride special and it truly felt like a ride on the Polar Express would probably feel like.  My son had a great time!

Then we celebrated my sons birthday!  I still can't believe that he is six years old.  Oh how the time flies.  I love to watch him grow and learn and discover, yet it breaks my heart a little each time that he can "do it himself" or when he chooses to play with Daddy.  Yes my baby is growing up.  Sad day :-*(  Anyway, we had a ton of fun celebrating his birthday with a Pirate themed party.  I made his cake ~ yes, I am proud!

And we celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas while we were there!  My mother in law bought me a KitchenAid Professional 600.  It is amazing!  I purchased the grain mill attachment for it and we have been enjoying yummy treats made with fresh milled wheat!  Seriously amazing.
The whole trip was amazing and we are blessed that we were able to make the time to go.  I miss my family with my whole heart and it's great to spend time with them!

We are now preparing our home and hearts for the celebration of the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  This will be the first time in the last 4 years that we will stay home in the south.  I am excited for the time to relax, to love and to celebrate with my guys and make memories that we will savor forever.  Do you have any ideas for how we can celebrate His birth?  What do you and your family do?

So for now, I am glad to be back and in the next few weeks I will be coming up with ideas for new posts so stay tuned!  Have a very blessed holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful family!! :) Every now and then I like to take a bit of credit for it!! hehehe...

    Hey! I used to use the background just like this but had more greens in it. I think it's still my favorite. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post thanks for sharing...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Soraya for stopping by and reading my post! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are welcome and appreciated!