Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Perfect Day

I had a perfect day!  Well....as close to perfect as you can get, I suppose.  I rose from a deep and blessed sleep at 6:30 this morning.  The house was still quite, the sky was still dark.  I tiptoed to the bathroom...showered...dressed...and crept downstairs to spend some quite time on the porch.  The air was crisp with a hint of dew on the grass...the temperature hovered at 52 degrees...and I curled up on the swing with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders, my feet tucked under my skirt and my Bible, journal and pen in my lap.  I spent almost an entire hour out on the porch in sweet fellowship with my Creator.  Reading, praying, worshiping and just being still in His Presence. 

After my quiet time I spent the morning in my kitchen, my sanctuary, making homemade applesauce for breakfast, homemade breadsticks for dinner and awaiting the arrival of my sleepy family.

I remained in the Presence of the Most High all day!

Then tonight as I was putting my little man to bed, HE read ME a story!  When I get discouraged at myself for "not teaching him enough" I need to remember that moment!  Then my almost 6 year old "baby boy" lifted his voice to Heaven and prayed with me...the most raw, heartfelt and undefiled prayer!  His words came straight from his heart!  The kind of prayer that I want to pray!  I have no greater joy then to hear my children walk in truth! 1 John 1:4

Thank you Heavenly Father for pouring Your Presence out so thick in the house, that I couldn't hide from it even if I wanted to!  I can't thank You enough for the blessings that You so freely give us!  Things that we don't deserve!  My heart and my mind are Yours.  Teach me to love like You love.  Lead me where You want me to go.  Teach me to follow You and know Your voice above all else.  Father, I want to know Your heart.  I want to cry when You cry, I want to laugh when You laugh, I want to hate what You hate and love what You love.  Teach me Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words are welcome and appreciated!