Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Friday, May 13, 2011

Exceptional Drought

Good evening my dear readers!  Wow, have I been busy here!  My brother has recently moved in with us for a little while and we have been getting adjusted to having more people in the house.  It truly has been quite pleasant though!:-)

I don't have a ton of time but I wanted to update you on a few things.  First one is...I joined Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago and so far I have lost 4.2 pounds!  I'm pretty proud of myself.  My husband also bought me a treadmill and I am up to power walking 2.1 miles at a time!:-)  By the end of the week, I need to be ready for a 5K that I am participating in!

But big news...Down here in the South we are now categorized as suffering from an exceptional drought...aka...the worst drought!  In fact a few of our surrounding counties are under a warning for elevated fire danger for the next few days!  Our fire fighters are exhausted and it doesn't seem to have an end in sight!  So please pray for all of us down here!  It rained yesterday, and it was such a blessing, but not nearly enough!

In other news, my mom and sister are coming down here for a visit!  In just 3 short weeks they will be here and I can't wait!  Now I need to concentrate on getting this house in order! :-)  They haven't been down to visit since we moved, so I am so excited to show off my home and community!

That's all for now...I'm gonna spend some time with my hunny on this fine Friday evening!

Blessings for this weekend, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words are welcome and appreciated!